Please note we are hiring in various UK locations
At Caljan we pride ourselves in looking after our people. Creating an environment where everyone can be themselves is top of our list, somewhere that everyone can keep learning and thrive within their career.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a passionate Field Service Engineer to join our growing team .This is a home-based role, visiting customer sites.
Field Service Engineers are a critical resource for the Service department at Caljan, as they work on Customer sites and are responsible for the delivery of the contracted services and allow for added-value activities to be performed for the Customer.
Excellence in Breakdown and Reactive Maintenance and Services
- Conduct routine breakdown and repairs and maintenance work, to Automated Material Handling Equipment and Systems across the Region within the UK and Eire sites.
- Service operational excellence in attending and fixing Breakdowns, Repairs and Standby maintenance support to ensure that customers, with or without contract, receive the agreed level of service and support contract and cover, according to the agreed KPIs and SLAs. as well as working to the agreed Company technical standards & Company Health and Safety standards (i.e. OEM Maintenance and Technical Standards, Risk assessments, Method statements).
Provision of Agile Proactive Maintenance Services
- As scheduled, and on an agile basis (between breakdowns), conduct “Gemba Walk” Inspections at Customer sites (Non-invasive proactive/preventive/predicative inspections - Thermal / Acoustic / Visual / Reports / Timings / Checks / Audits).
24/7 On-Call Duites
- Take part in an “On-Call / On Duty” rota on a 24/7 call-out basis.
Competence, Self-Improvement, and Training
- Ensure that your level of training, competence and experience is in line with the appropriate job level, as defined in the FSE Career plan and Master Skills Matrix.
- Dedicated to continuous professional development and learning; self-improvement and keeping up to date with industry specific developments and changes.
Customer Satisfaction and Added Value
- Improve all aspects of Customer satisfaction possible during the fulfilment of the duties, co-ordination and communication with the customer in support of their needs .
- Identify other potential ways to improve service, increase sales and add value for the Customer.
Administration and Deliverables:
- Use Service and Maintenance processes, systems and tools as agreed to ensure all deliverables, and administration are produced and submitted in accordance with Company standards (i.e., Risk assessments, Method statements, Reporting, Site files, Drawing, Expenses, Time sheets, Holidays, Sickness etc.
Flexibility / Ad hoc requests:
- Support other areas of the business, as required on an ad hoc or temporary basis (i.e., holiday and sickness cover, site management support, installation support, latent defect investigation, training courses etc).
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the Company Health and Safey, Service and Maintenance procedures and standards are always followed and always maintained
- Proactively ensure personal safety and the safety of others by complying with the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
What will you bring to the role?
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work - (HND/HNC/Apprenticeship)
- Preferred Electrical Qualifications - NVQ Level 3 / Diploma or City & Guilds 2391, 2394 and 2395, or EAL Inspection and Testing and Initial Verification qualifications
- Minimum Electrical Qualification - Access to Building Services; Electrotechnical Craft (Level 2); or (c) Technicals in Building Services Engineering; (d) MGTS Mechanical to Electrical Conversion
- Strong communication skills with an ability to interact with customers and other interested stakeholders.
Why join us?
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Reward & recognition
- Mental health first aiders
- Social events
- Friendly and welcoming environment
- Wellness and Benefits package
- Continuous growth and support through frequent role evaluations